You will be picked up from your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh city between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Then you will travel in an air-conditioned vehicle for around 4 hours to reach the Moses Mountain.
When you arrive at Mount Sinai you will start your trekking tour to the sacred place where the Prophet Moses received the 10 commandments. Reach 2,285 meters by climbing up 750 steps, strolling through the night (approx 2-3 hours depending on the customers).
Depending on the performance of the group, you may arrive at the summit earlier than expected. This will give you a chance to really relax and marvel at the rising sun slowly scattering across the mountains in all its splendour.
While gazing at the sunrise, snap awesome photos or pray if you wish to, then begin the descent back down. Remember, it will take around 2 hours to reach the bottom.
Enjoy some time to rest after the long trail and then have breakfast. Next, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of St. Catherine’s Monastery. Browse through the old manuscripts displayed in the library and icons excavated from the Vatican. It is the oldest functioning Christian monastery in the world situated on the Sinai Peninsula along with Monastery of Saint Anthony which is located across the Red Sea in the desert of South Cairo.
After you’ve finished touring the monastery, you can relax on the drive back to your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh.See less
HighlightsSpend some time at St. Catherine’s Monastery by discovering it’s old treasures
Ascend to the Mount Sinai where God told Moses the 10 Commandments
Explore the 6th-century church located by the side of the burning bush
- 16-17 hour tour
- Pickup and drop-off from the hotel in Sharm El Sheikh
- Transfer by clean and air-conditioned vehicle
- Water and soft drinkExtra drinks
- Personal expenses
Not suitable for
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
- Children under 2 years
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closedSafety measures in place
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must bring their own headphones
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Adult (Age 14-80)
- Ages younger than 13 and older than 80 are not permitted.
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- The Monastery remains closed due to Covid reasons
- The breakfast box must be pre-ordered from the hotel and collected before the tour starts
- The camel trek is only available for the beginning of the trek to the 750 steps, then you must climb the steps and do the entire return trek on foot. The local partner does not recommend the camel trek.
- The tour duration will be 16-17 hours including pick up and drop off at Sharm El Sheikh
- A minimum of 2 persons is required to operate the shared tour, the product can be canceled or rescheduled if the minimum group size is not met